Friday, October 10, 2008

Christine Buckton Tillman

She's an artist and her work is pretty fun and interesting.







Artist Statement:

The work I make draws from my collection of images and objects in which I see an inner dichotomy- objects that are at the same time happy and sad, full of joy, and utterly hollow. These objects lose something in translation, the phenomena of a rainbow becomes trite and cliché on the cover of a notebook. I am particularly interested in objects who’s meanings confuse their intended purpose, the bride and groom cake topper who’s lips are painted askew, the fake wood of wood grain contact paper.

I want my work to transform my collection, making things transcend the world of leftovers and craft store while simultaneously embracing and questioning the ideas of cute, fun, festive, and romantic.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.